No Products in the Cart
We very often get asked in store if we feel that ballet is a necessity for the young developing dancer and we always have the same answer - YES! It is essential! Even if you are planning to focus on Hip Hop, jazz or tap, ballet training is quintessential to developing correct dance technique – especially if you plan to go professional. It provides the training you need to flourish in all other dance styles. Here are some reasons why it is important.
1) Ballet is the basic foundation for most forms of dance. Whatever you learn in ballet, it translates to values that can be used to pursue other forms of dance. The alignment and musicality it requires are only some examples of important qualities in most dance styles.
2) The development of discipline and dedication. Ballet technique is very specific and requires practice to improve. In most cases, the qualities of discipline and dedication translate themselves to other areas of life like work and school.
3) Improving posture. Let's face it: everything in ballet requires good posture. In time, the posture utilized in the studio translates to every part of a dancer's life.
4) Improving balance and flexibility. Two large parts of ballet technique which, consequently, diminish the likelihood of injury in ballet, sports, and other dance forms.
5) Increased agility. While often slow and graceful, ballet has its swift moments as well. Football players often attribute speed and agility to their experiences cross-training with ballet during the off season.
6) Aural, visual, and kinetic stimulus. In laymans' terms: You learn to connect verbal commands and musical cues with exercise demonstrations and perform them in our/your body. Different parts of the brain are problem solving to perform the movements in time to the music.
7) Confidence. Have you ever seen a five-year-old coming out of ballet class? He/she is most likely smiling and will gladly show you what has been learned. The confidence that ballet instills is not exclusive to the five-year-old demographic.
The artistry, musicality, and grace of ballet are great confidence boosters. It’s important to add at least one ballet class to your weekly schedule to start. Then, add more as your time and budget permits. Now, you may hate pulling on the leotard and tights, warming up at the barre and jumping and turning to classical music. But if you don’t get the training now, you will have a lot of catching up to do if you want to work professionally.
RePosted From: http://dance-ban.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/WHY-ALL-DANCERS-NEED-BALLET.pdf